Headquarters optimization leads to 70% footprint reduction
A global industrial client wanted to right-size a former headquarters office footprint while better aligning workspace types with employee workstyles.
70% reduction in footprint over four years
Aligned portfolio optimization with business goals
A global industrial client wanted to right-size and consolidate a former headquarters office footprint. The client’s goal was to sustain the right level of corporate image and brand throughout amenities, common areas, parking, security, etc. while converting from a single tenant to a multi-tenant site. In addition, client wanted to better align workspace types with employee workstyles and reduce operating expenses.
JLL took a holistic approach to the optimization effort, working with several business units to understand strategic plans and business objectives to ensure alignment with changes to the portfolio.
- We worked with client HR and business contacts to obtain four-year headcount growth/attrition plans.
- We applied and analyzed utilization and behavior against HR census forecast to determine future footprint/space needs and develop future state block plans.
- We drove alignment across real estate functions by collaborating with project and transaction partners to develop a multi-tenant demising plan and sublease strategy.
- We developed phased optimization plan aligned with forecasted space requirements and optimized the potential for tenant income.
- Right-sized client held space by accomplishing a 70% reduction in footprint over four years.
- Achieved branding goals at the site, creating opportunities for neutral common areas and appropriate tenant signage.
- Enhanced space for collaboration and engagement, bringing vibrancy to the workplace and improving human experience.
- Reduced operating cost by mothballing vacated space until it was subleased.